Win $10,000 for Your Nonprofit! #ctkgrant
So, do you have a poet or songwriter trapped inside your nonprofit? It’s time to unleash your muses for a good cause!
Here is a great grant opportunity that has just opened up through the CTK Foundation Fund. Nonprofits of all types and sizes in the US, UK and Canada are invited to apply for the following grant opportunities:
- 1st place award is a cash grant of $10,000 (US)
- 2nd place award is a cash grant of $5,000 (US)
- The 2011 Blogger’s Choice Award, whereby a randomly selected blogger (hopefully me) participating in spreading the word among nonprofits about the H&SGrant Award Program will choose an applicant of his or her choice to receive a $1,000 cash grant
- 2 steel-stringed guitars, signed by all members of Los Lonely Boys, the Grammy Award winning, internationally-acclaimed band, for auction and fund raising
- Up to 20 technology grants, valued at $10,000, to nonprofits that indicate an interest
A few things to note:
In order to win, you have to channel all your creativity to write an original four-to-eight-line poem that reflects the work and/or mission of your nonprofit organization. This poem may be written by staff members, clients and/or volunteers of the submitting nonprofit, and must be wholly original.
There is a quick turnaround on these grants—you must submit by midnight on March 28, 2011, and will be notified if you have won on April 10, 2011.
One more thing:
The 1st place award winner will also receive a professionally-produced song to be used in public education or awareness, based upon the selected nonprofit applicant lyrics. This year, the song will be written and recorded by Bill Dillon and produced by Jim Tullio of Butcher Boy Studios of Chicago, Illinois.
To apply now, visit www.communitytech.net and please come back and post in my comments to let me know you applied and (fingers crossed!) if you are one of the winners. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was recruited to participate in a secret blogger launch of this campaign – if I recruit the MOST nonprofit entries I get to select a winner for the Blogger’s Choice Award